Subject: Re: Fast LW 4.0/4.1 for Amiga!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 15:22:08 -0500

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Brian Dady wrote:

> Give us a break, Dave.  Your Amiga may be gathering dust, but mine 
> certainly isn't!

All four of my Amigas have been powered up for years now and I still use 
2 of them on a daily basis (my brother uses the other two)...yes, they 
are dusty, but they are still getting a LOT of use.

> We are definitely fewer than we once were, but it 
> is important to Newtek's business to keep us as customers.

Agreed...I have a ton of Toaster-related hardware/software here and I may 
be buying more soon.  My point was that people should not blame ONLY NewTek
for the slowdown in LightWave renders...many companies have dropped their 
support for the Amiga since the Commodore liquidation fiasco and they may 
never come back.  NewTek may still be a very powerful in the Amiga world, 
but in the whole scheme of things, they are a very SMALL fish in the 
computer world.

> I apologize for what a PC LW'er might consider a waste of bandwidth.  
> Please don't forget Lightwave's heritage!

NewTek is obviously still committed to future development on the Amiga, 
otherwise there wouldn't be a version of ScreamerNet or LW4.0 for that 
matter, but without a good compiler for the Amiga, they just can't 
produce a fast rendering version of LightWave.  Give them time to catch 
their breath though, they're finally getting LW4.0 into everyone's hands 
and I'm sure we'll see significant improvements of the software as time 
goes on.

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner